This is a quick meal that looks impressive. It also has an appeal to younger eaters as well.
4 Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
8 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese (sliced)
Touch of salt
Jar of Spagetti Sauce
- Take chicken cutlets and pound them thin. (Place them between two pieces of wax paper and using a roller pin or mallet, crush them until they are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Preheat Over to 400 degrees
- Prepare breadcrumbs and eggs for dredging. In a shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and salt. In separate bowl whisk together the eggs.
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan. As it heats, dip one chicken cutlet at a time in the egg and then into the breadcrumbs. Working in pairs so that the chicken is not crowded, place the chicken in the pan. Gently fry the chicken until it is golden brown on each side (approximately 3-4 minutes per side).
- In a 9 by 13 inch casserole dish, place spagetti sauce, chicken cutlets and then a slice of mozerella on each piece of chicken. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- In a separate dish prepare the pasta.
- Bake the chicken in oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, when the mozerella begins to brown.
- Serve with pasta and remaining sauce.